- The Toms River Police Department offers an entrance exam every 3 years. The next testing cycle is anticipated to begin in May, 2015, neither applications nor resumes will be accepted until that time. Candidates are required to possess a bachelor degree from an accredited college/ university or 64 credits combined with either 2 years active duty military or 2 years full time regular police experience. Candidates must be between 18 -34 at the time of appointment, and must be capable of performing all of the duties of a Toms River Police Officer.
- The testing process includes a New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police written exam, Physical Task Assessment which includes a swim test, and an interview. Successful candidates will be required to pass a rigorous background investigation, drug screening, medical exam, and psychiatric/ psychological exam. Upon approval by the Mayor, candidates will be required to successfully complete the police academy if they do not currently possess a valid Police Training Commission certificate. New hires are subject to a one year probationary period.
- TRPD Entrance Exam: Physical Task Assessment Events
- Pre-Academy Entry Physical Agility Testing Pre-Academy Entry Physical Agility Testing
- For further information contact Lt. Michael Belcher at 732-349-0150 ext. 1259 or firstname.lastname@example.org