Court and Records
- Hours of Operation: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Judges: Chief Judge James A. Liguori & Judge Damian G. Murray http://www.starrgennett.org/online/
- Certified Municipal Court Administrator: Joanne Flanagan
- Court Sessions:
Monday 12:30 PM - Civilian Contested Cases
Wednesday 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM - Contested Cases
Thursday 4:00 PM - Pleas and Arraignments
If you need to contact the Municipal Court to enter a not guilty plea on a motor vehicle matter, dial the main number above and extension 1051 and 1052. You may not enter a plea of not guilty by phone for a DWI (39:4-50), no insurance (39:6B-2) or driving while revoked (39:3-40).
Reasons for Calling:
- If you are calling regarding a suspension of your license, dial extension 1058.
- If you are calling regarding a criminal matter, dial extension 1063.
- If you have a scheduled trial date and need to speak with someone regarding the date, dial extension 1062.
- If you need to speak with someone regarding bail, dial extension 1064.
- If you need to pay by credit card, dial extension 1054.
Now Pay Online!:
You may now pay Motor Vehicle Violations On Line. Just head to www.njmcdirect.com and click on "Municipal Courts". You must have your summons number and plate number available. The Court Code is 1507.
TOMS RIVER POLICE RECORDS BUREAU
Phone: 732-349-0150 Ext: 1036
The Records Department is located at police headquarters, 255 Oak Ave. and can be accessed using the main lobby window during the following business hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30am-4:00pm
The records department is charged with many police department mandated activities. Included is the gathering of data for the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) system for submission to the federal, state, and county governments. The handling of court ordered expungements, entry of case files, maintaining master data base files, disseminating accident reports to the public and insurance companies, as well as the preparation of reports and cases for attorney requests for discovery.
Discovery Inquiries are granted via mail requests only
(not by fax or E-mail)
Toms River Police Department
P.O. Box 876
Toms River, NJ 08754